The Importance of Web Directories
When it comes to link building, web directory submissions are very important.
Aside from the fact that it can drive traffic to a website through the help of direct referrals, web directories also provide one way links to a website– this results to a boost in popularity and better ranking in major search engines.
That being said, SEO has begun to take advantage of article directories as well.
How It Works
In web directory submissions, the human editor plays a vital role– it can either make everything easier or harder.
Basically, the submissions will be checked manually and the editor will determine the relevance and uniqueness of your website.
If you have passed this screening process, then your site will be included in the directory.
Then, this can automatically establish the reliability of a website.
This can also help you get a better ranking in major search engines.
Aside from that, some directories also also collaborate with other directories, as well as search engines, and there are several factors that determine the popularity and relevance of a site.
Directory Submission or Quality Links?
Although directory submissions aren’t really the best way to promote you site, they can still be your stepping stone.
Types of Web Directories
There are several types of web directories and each has its own feature. Here are some of them:
– Completely free web directory: This type of directory is free of charge. No need to pay for anything at all.
– Reciprocal link submission web directory: Here, you’re required to put a link back somewhere on the submitted website in order to get listed. It’s a link exchange process.
– Paid submission web directory: A one-time fee is asked for the links that are being submitted.
– No reciprocal link web directory: It’s a web directory where you can submit your links for free and there’s no need to put any back links on your website either.
– Affiliate links: Here, the directory earns a commission every time a customer is referred from the listed websites.
Here are some of the reasons why web directory submissions are worth the effort:
1. It Is One of the Best Ways to Get High Quality Links
Web directory submission is considered to be one of the best ways to get high quality links.
Likewise, it’s also the most effective and simplest method to link and connect your website on the word wide web.
Links from several directories can help you reach your target audience and customers as it also improves the search engine ranking.
2. To Get the Website Indexed
Search engines, such as Yahoo! and Google send out ‘crawlers’ to search the web for new sites created every day.
So, if you have created a website and you want the search engines to know that it exists, then the easiest way to do that is to inform the search engines through the help of web directory submissions where your link will be visible.
3. One Way Links: Better Search Engine Rankings
A lot of web directories offer one way links. This can be advantageous from the SEO aspect of a website.
Search engines pay importance to the number of inbound links to the site when raking it for a specific position.
Thus, one way links are more valuable than reciprocal links.
4. Great Way to Target Specific Words and Phrases
Several directories allow websites to provide a link with keywords that describe a site.
Although it’s not easy to get links for a website, with the help of keywords and directories, you’ll be able to do that with ease.
Likewise, getting links with specific keywords and phrases can result to search engines favoring your site over others.
5. Most Directories Are Free
Fortunately, most directories where you can submit your website to, are free of charge.
However, you ought to know that finding the best one would also require a bit of effort and time as well.
Overall, web directory submissions can be a time-consuming and difficult process.
You have to find the right one to ensure that all your effort would be worth it.
Though, it’s also a great way to promote your website because it gains global recognition on the Internet.
It’s a useful strategy that wouldn’t only help you gain traffic, but it can also help your site to be at the top and get very popular.